Microsoft Outlook is one of the most versatile and demanded email client applications tool from MS Office package, that has been used by large organizations. The app is highly efficient and boosts user’s performance promptly. However, there are issues that users might face while operating it. One such issue is the uncommon error code 0x80072f06. In case you are facing the same, then here you can easily know everything about this and know “How to Fix Outlook Error Code 0x80072f06”.
There are lots of reasons for its occurrence, and users can also easily resolve it in the same manner. As we know, Outlook is a feature-rich and versatile application, which has tons of users worldwide. Most prominently, users can access the files without internet connectivity.
With these advanced features of Outlook, people face many problems, and error code 0x80072f06 is one of the frequent ones.
But What does this Outlook error 0x80072f06 code exactly mean and what is its reason for occurrences – to know the answers to all these questions, let’s discuss this error in more detail.
- 1 What Does the Outlook Error Code 0x80072f06 Mean?
- 2 Reason of occurrence of Error 0x80072f06
- 3 Methods to Fix Outlook Error Code 0x80072f06
- 4 A Unique Solution – Stellar OST to PST Converter Tool
- 5 Conclusion
What Does the Outlook Error Code 0x80072f06 Mean?
The occurrence of the error 0x80072f06 is uncommon, but there are several users who are engaged with this error on short terms and are looking for ways to Fix Outlook Error Code 0x80072f06.
An error code 0x80072F06 is actually an error of the Outlook OST file that happens when the Outlook OST files do not sync with the Exchange server. The hindrance turns out as a pop-up message which is error code 0x80072f06 arise when OAB got missing.
Usually, it occurs when the Exchange Server does not synchronize with Outlook. When the server restricts the user to download the offline address book in offline mode, in that case, they will get this error code.
OAB is an acronym for Offline Address Book which is present in the Outlook. It’s a type of contact list which is used by almost every email client. It contains the user information related to the contact list like name, email id, etc. Due to this error, users are unable to download the Outlook Address Book folder.
However, to fix the error code 0x80072f06 quickly, download an OST to PST Converter Software. This software has the ability to fix the corrupt OST file. This can easily resolve the corruption issues of OST files.
Reason of occurrence of Error 0x80072f06
The MS Outlook error code 0x80072f06 emerges when we try to update the offline address list from the exchange server. Here, we have provided reasons behind the error 0x80072f06:
- Erroneously updating of.OAB files from the client-side.
- Impairment of windows files in the system.
- Improper installation of Outlook.
- Concern regarding the certificates related to the security of the Exchange server.
- Corrupt Outlook OST File.
- Virus or adware/spyware attack.
Now, let’s move to the main topic of this blog to know how to Fix Outlook Error Code 0x80072f06.
Methods to Fix Outlook Error Code 0x80072f06
MS Outlook is an email client which is known for its variability and also for its long-featured set of functionalities. That is the reason the software is in demand when it comes to the managing of the emails and its attachments.
Coming to the solutions of this Improper 0x80072f06 Windows 10 Mail error here are some methods of how you can fix this error.
Method 1: Perform the System Restore
One of the solutions to troubleshoot this error is system restore. You can perform the system restore to the previous time. For doing this, go through the below steps-
- Log in on your system as an Administrator.
- Go to Control Panel and choose the System and Security option in the “All control panel items” option.
- On the left side of the opened window prompt, select the option System Protection.
- Now, a new wizard will appear on the screen; select System Restore under the System Protection tab.
Next, follow the instructions and procedure for the System Restore. It may take a short duration of time. After the completion of restore, check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Method 2: Update or Delete the Existing OAB file
The Unknown Error 0x80072f06 Outlook can occur due to improper synchronization of the OAB file with Exchange Server. So, deleting or updating the existing OAB file might solve your problem.
How to Update OAB:
One can force an update (manually) the OAB as described in the following steps mentioned below:
- In Outlook 2007 and earlier: Go to Tools > Send/Receive > Download Address Book.
- In Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and Office 365 Outlook: Go to Send/ Receive tab > Send/ Receive Groups > Download Address Book.
One can also disable the option “Download Changes Since Last Send/Receive” just to make sure that you get a completely fresh copy of the address book, but this could take a little longer.
How to Delete/Rename OAB:
A second way to make sure that you get a fresh copy of the OAB file is by renaming the OAB files with .old extension at the end of the name.
- Go to the location where the OAB files are stored
(Note- For Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook)
- The Offline Address Book folder contains several subfolders which are named after the Account GUIDs. In case you have multiple Exchange, accounts configured, you will find a separate folder for each account. The easiest way would be to simply rename the Offline Address Book Folder by appending/adding the extension behind the name to .old.
- By opening the new OAB folder, one can see that it is empty. Update the folder by clicking on the Update Folder.
Method 3: Professional method to overcome MS Outlook error
The above methods will help you in achieving your goal, but the effect will be very less to the applied files. Simply, these manual methods help in removing the error in order to resolve the issue which occurs from time to time.
Even after performing the above manual techniques, if this particular Outlook error code doesn’t get fixed, you need to take the help of a Professional OST to PST Converter. It is an effective approach to troubleshoot this Unknown Error 0x80072f06 Outlook code.
It covers up all the relatable conflicts which help you in solving this error popup. This software helps in recovering the synchronization as well. It also successfully repairs and restores the corrupted OST files and makes them accessible again so that they can be used by the user. All in one, it is a trusted and feasible solution to the issue.
A Unique Solution – Stellar OST to PST Converter Tool
Stellar OST to PST Converter Tool is a highly powerful tool for converting inaccessible OST files into importable PST. This Stellar tool is a perfect solution to speedily recover OST file (Error code 0x80072f06) and migrate data from Exchange server OST file to Outlook PST file with protected OST conversion procedure including emails, contacts, appointments, calendars, etc.
This is the best Outlook OST recovery software and it provides secure migration from Outlook OST file to PST file without any data loss. This tool is capable to load large size OST files effortlessly. In the software, the user can transfer OST file along with emails, contacts, calendars, etc. Uses of this application are very easy, even beginners can also utilize this utility without any support.
The specialization of this software is that it sustains file reliability and RTF structure absolutely during the conversion task. No matter which MS Outlook versions the user is currently using it, because this software operates with all old and latest of Microsoft Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019, etc.
Key Features of Stellar OST to PST Converter:
- Microsoft Outlook is not mandatory to perform the conversion task.
- Convert OST to PST file format without any file size limitations.
- A large OST file can be split into small PST files.
- Export offline OST files to PST format entirely without any difficulty.
- Make an available option to choose output locations or create a new folder.
- It has the option to export only contacts.
- Supports to run on all the editions of Microsoft Outlook.
- Compatible with all Windows versions.
- Exports all MS Outlook contacts list in VCF file format and contacts in ICS format.
- Migrates Outlook OST file mailbox data in MSG, EML, and MBOX file format.
The final word about the Stellar OST to PST Converter Tool is that the software is absolutely risk-free and it provides 100% assurance of safe migration without changing or modification in any bit of information. So, quickly download this tool, and get rid of this Windows 10 Mail Error Code 0x80072f06 ASAP.
We have looked at all the leading causes behind the Windows 10 Mail Error Code 0x80072f06. In addition to this, we have also discussed two manual and one automated method to get past this issue.
With an effective solution, you can choose the better option to resolve or Fix Outlook Error Code 0x80072f06 message. So, one should look for a compelling method to troubleshoot such Outlook Error 0x80072f06 or any other errors.
Although, if the manual methods fail to solve this issue, then it is recommended to use a reliable third-party tool such as Stellar OST to PST Converter Tool.
Additional Reading: Fix Outlook Error 0x800ccc0f